Hotel 21 - Comedy Play at NAPA




Welcome to Hotel 21 where all your fantasies come true.

The play opened with a raunchy rendition of Britney Spears' "Gimme More" and for a second I thought I bought tickets for the wrong kind of "play." 

Without giving too much away from the plot, it focuses around a annoying persistent police inspector who is investigating the premises in connection with a 5 million dollar robbery that happened a month before. What follows is the inspector's seemingly daft interrogation of the girls including the hotel's madam (played by Nikki Crosby) as they pass in and out of the hotel lobby.


Packed with laughs, pokes at ministries, police and union officials patronizing the hotel the comedy unfolded into a riveting end. Whilst we were prohibited from taking flash photography and recording videos of the performance, believe me when I say I had a barrel of laughs.

The ticket price was $250 for reserved which included a complimentary tea plate during the break. Directors Ricardo Samuel and Richard Ragoobarsingh as well as the talented performers received a hearty round of applause at the end of the show.

Of course, we couldn't go home after the show ended at 8.30pm. (Cause trini people foot hot and like to knock about). We stopped at Haagen Dazs, which was a stone throw away from NAPA to end the night with something sweet.

Have you ever been to a local play? What directors do you recommend?

Comments

  1. I was there! I came back to Trinidad for vacation as I live abroad now and got photos with the cast. nikki looks the same as I remember her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing! I didn't know the cast was staying back for photo sessions. She is quite the character indeed

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Trini Snacks

Trini slang - A basic guide before you visit

Food Festivals - Hyatt Waterfront Restaurant - Mexican Night