Discover Me: MovieTowne's Artist of the month June 2017 - Aaron Ifill


The June Discover Me artist of the month, Aaron Ifill took the bandstand in June for an energetic performance in MovieTowne's busy Fiesta Plaza.

The plaza was packed to capacity despite getting there at a reasonable Trini time (one hour late of course). Lots of neighbouring restaurants offered us and other patrons seats inside but no one wanted to miss out on the live performances by Mr. Ifill. 



He started with a couple of cover songs from the latest chart hits and by the first chorus the crowd was singing and dancing along to his hearty renditions of Bruno Mars and David Guetta.

The crowd simmered down for the artist's original song "I'll let you" and according to Aaron himself, it's a song that everyone can connect with as it describes the rite of passage in every person's life. 


I didn't get to record pieces of his original song due to the organizers giving me stern looks and asking me to put away my phone (I guess because of copyright, but that ain't stop me from getting piece of David Guetta and Usher's "Without You").


In all, an exciting night, we followed with some drinks and chatter among friends. I was glad to see may sponsors at these events pushing upcoming local artists. Nescafe, JnJ ice cream, FirstCitizens and Hott 93 to name a few.

Check out MovieTowne's schedule so you don't miss the other artists of the month!

Comments

  1. Wow I had no idea Fiesta Plaza did this. They real big in the game. Don't think I ever saw that place packed out before in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was actually my first time attending as well, lots of sponsors with free giveaways too :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback: Trini Snacks

Trini slang - A basic guide before you visit

Food Festivals - Hyatt Waterfront Restaurant - Mexican Night